Be a mentee in Mitt Livs Chans
Mitt Livs Chans is a free mentoring program for individuals with foreign background and a post-secondary education, who are missing a job in Sweden equivalent to your skills. You can apply to the program no matter where in Sweden you live.
Foto: Ann Jonasson Lignercrona
As a mentee in Mitt Livs Chans, our goal is that you:
- Get support, advice and guidance from a mentor who is established in the Swedish job market. We match mentees and mentors primarily on educational background, industry and working experience. We also try to make the match based on geographical proximity – but if this is not possible the mentor and mentee might be located in different geographical areas and will see each other online.
- Widen your professional network - through the mentorship and the other participants in the program
- Gain an increased understanding of the Swedish job market and the job searching processes
- Get tools to better present your CV, as well as interview training.
WHO CAN APPLY?
To be egible for Mitt Livs Chans you need to fulfil the following criteria:
- You are foreign born, or born in Sweden with two foreign born parents
- You have a completed post-secondary education
- You have a job permit in Sweden (or am a EU citizen)
- Currently missing a job equivalent to your skills and are actively looking for a job
- You can communicate freely in Swedish and/or English.
HOW DO I APPLY?
To apply you need to fill out our application form. Before you apply, please make sure that you fulfill the requirements for the program in list above. If you have any questions you are welcome to contact our program managers.
What happens after I have sent my application?
- You receive a confirmation via email that we received your application.
- After the application deadline you will receive information via email that we're starting the matching process.
Your application, as well as if we find a matching mentor, determines if you will be enrolled in the program.
- You will receive a final acceptance email a few weeks before the program starts, where you need to confirm your participation via a link.